Sometimes all it takes is an email from Michael Bay.
While director Samuel Bayer had been pursued by Platinum Dunes for a few of their movies, it was an email from Michael Bay that finally got him to direct his first feature for the company and it’s the remake/reboot of the classic “A Nightmare on Elm Street”.
If you’re a fan of Freddy Krueger and have been awaiting his return to movie theaters, after the jump you can watch Samuel Bayer talk about what you can expect from his movie, what he showed the Comic-Con audience, what making his first feature has been like, and a lot more. It’s a great interview so take a look:
- What has been the process been like for him
- April 30th release date
- What can he tell fans about the film
- Is it true that Michael Bay called him and asked him to do the movie
- Samuel explains Bay emailed him and asked him to do it
- Running time question. Will it be 90 minutes or closer to two hours
- Talks about not wanting to obey the “horror rules”
- Working for Brad Fuller and Andrew Form (producers)
- What did he show the Comic-Con crowd