I love Walt Disney’s “Aladdin”. It’s one of my favorite animated movies and it’s a classic that will play for generations. So when I found out director’s Ron Clements and John Musker (“Aladdin”, “The Little Mermaid”) were doing press at Comic-Con for their new hand drawn animated movie “The Princess and the Frog”, I was happy to get some time with them. While I love Pixar films and other CG movies, I’m really looking forward to Disney returning to its roots.
So if you’re a fan of their previous movies or just looking forward to their next one, after the jump you can watch my extensive interview with the two writer/directors. During the interview they told me they’ve assembled an all-star team of animators for “Princess and the Frog”, they talked about the music, John Lasseter’s involvement, what’s the status of their previous films hitting Blu-ray, what they might do next, and a lot more. Take a look:
“The Princess and the Frog” arrives in theaters December 11th, 2009.
Ron Clements and John Musker
- They talk about The Princess and the Frog and how they’ve reassembled an all-star team of animators
- They say they have 7 original songs by Randy Newman
- We talk about the return of hand drawn animation
- They talk about John Lasseter’s involvement
- Do they already think they have a song like A Whole New World from Aladdin in the new film
- Where is Aladdin on Blu-ray
- Have they done anything for the eventual Blu-ray releases
- Are they already thinking about their next project