The weekend “300” came out, for whatever reason I was at the same nightclub as Gerard Butler. It was Sunday night and we were both at a club called Guys in Beverly Hills. At the time, he remembered me from the press junket, and for a little while I got to hang out with his group which included his brother and a number of other friends. They were all on cloud nine on hearing the news that “300” had made so much money, and for a brief blip of time, I got to see what it was like to be in that world. I have to say, it was really cool.
Cut to a few days ago. For the first time since that night, I interviewed Gerard and I brought up that weekend and asked how his life has changed since “300”. Of course we also talk about his new movie “The Ugly Truth”, his next big action film “Gamer”, and he tells me some great stories about going to Brazil. It’s a great interview so take a look:
Finally, if you’d like to see some movie clips from “The Ugly Truth”, click here.
- I mention how the last time I saw him was opening weekend of 300
- How has his life changed since 300
- I ask if he has ever been to Brazil. He tells some very good stories
- Why did he want to make The Ugly Truth
- How close is he to his character
- Talks about his new action film Gamer