About two weeks ago Matt wrote that Jeffrey Dean Morgan had signed on to the adaptation of the Vertigo comic series, “The Losers”. For those that don’t read the book, it’s about a special ops team that is betrayed by their own government and left for dead. However, they are very much alive and like any respectable and betrayed special ops group, they want revenge. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Morgan would play Clay, the group’s leader.
From what I could tell, fandom seemed excited by Jeffrey signing on and another comic book movie being in the works.
Unfortunately, the news wasn’t official, and Jeffrey hasn’t signed on to do it yet. At least that’s what he told me on the red carpet at tonight’s
He said the hang-up is “The Losers” conflicts with another project he’s doing called “The Resident” with Hilary Swank. But he did say he really wants to do it, so I’d like to think we’ll be hearing official confirmation soon.
Of course we also talked about other things like comic book movies and what he kept from the “Watchmen” shoot. Here’s the interview. Look for a ton more tomorrow.
- I ask him about getting attached to another comic book movie right after the Watchmen junket
- The Losers
- Says it is still in negotiations and the deal is not done yet – conflict with another project he is doing called The Resident
- Is he entering the comic book world of movies – we talk about comic book movies
- What did he take home from the set of Watchmen
- What has the premieres around the world been like