Just a few hours ago I was at a Coraline event that Focus Features put on in
After Bill left Fox, he formed the independent production company Pandemonium and he’s the first one that thought Coraline would make a great movie. Since this is the man who made Fight Club, X-Men and Titanic, I’d like to think he knows what he’s doing.
For those unfamiliar, Torso was originally published as a six issued series by Image Comics and it tells the story of the real life “Torso Murderer”, a serial killer who was active during 1934 to 1938. He received his nickname because he left only the torsos of his victims. Without fingerprints or dental records, these victims were very difficult to identify in a time before DNA testing. The investigator on the case was Eliot Ness,
Anyway, look for a lot of Coraline interviews very soon. And just to let you know, we saw about 30 minutes today in 3D and it looked incredible. Fans of Neil Gaiman need not worry…this is going to be a great adaptation.
· He talks about how he got involved with Coraline
· Torso talk – explains how he got involved – also says the people that are rumored to be attached probably are…
· Fight Club talk
· Says Torso the movie will be different than the graphic novel and says it’s like Fight Club in that relation…
· Also says the title might change
· Finally, says he hopes to be in front of the cameras in March or April of next year and it should be David Fincher’s next project
· Also talks about his other upcoming projects
· We also talk about 20th Century Fox….