With Warner Bros. Ninja Assassin set for release next week, the studio held a press day this afternoon here in Los Angeles. While I’ll have plenty of video interviews for you to watch over the next few days, the first one I’d like to share is with producer Joel Silver. Also, since Silver is producing tons of other projects like Sherlock Holmes, The Losers, Sgt. Rock, Lobo, Unknown White Male, and The Book of Eli, I figure his interview is the first one I should post.
While I didn’t get any major scoops, I did find out what’s up with Lobo and what does he think of Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the role. Also, we talked about how Francis Lawrence landed the directing job on Sgt. Rock and does he think it might get made next year. Of course many other subjects were talked about so watch the interview after the jump:
Finally, here’s a link to some clips from Ninja Assassin.
- Did he always want to be a ninja
- What was the importance of showing Ninja Assassin at Comic-Con
- Lobo talk – talks about the test they just made and how it’ll play at Comic-Con
- When will we hear about casting on Lobo?
- I ask if he likes Jeffrey Dean Morgan for Lobo
- How does he balance all his movies coming out with stuff he has in development
- Says they are starting to film Unknown White Male in Berlin in 2 months
- What’s been his reaction to the footage from The Losers
- Sgt. Rock talk – how did Francis Lawrence get the job and what kind of film will it be. Says it takes place in the future and it’s a different kind of war film
- Does he think it’ll get made in 2010. Says he hopes so.