Yesterday I posted the first part of my exclusive interview with producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura and after the jump is part two. In this part, Lorenzo and I discussed “G.I. Joe The Rise of Cobra”, what’s up with “Beverly Hills Cop 4” and Jack Ryan, and he told me all about a project called “Red” – which sounded like it’s getting ready to move forward.
The big news on “G.I. Joe” is the film is 1 hour and 47 minutes. He also said since the movie comes out so close to Comic-Con, don’t expect to see too much footage there. He also talked about why people should be excited to see it.
Regarding “Beverly Hills Cop 4” and Jack Ryan, it’s all about the scripts…which aren’t ready to go yet.
Finally we talked about a project he has at Summit called “Red”. The film is based on the Warren Ellis graphic novel and it’s about an over the hill gang of CIA agents that have been put out to pasture and a situation occurs that brings back the gang. Lorenzo compares it to “Oceans 11” and “Sneakers”.
For more on all the projects, you can watch the interview after the jump. Take a look:
Lorenzo di Bonaventura
- G.I. Joe talk – what can fans look forward to at Comic-Con
- I ask him to talk about what can fans look forward to in G.I. Joe and why people should be excited for it
- Says the final running time is 1 hr 47 minutes
- Beverly Hills Cop 4 – says another draft is coming in soon
- Jack Ryan – says a script is coming in for that as well
- Red – the Warren Ellis graphic novel – is bubbling right now. Meaning it’s moving forward. Says Summit Pictures is making it and it’s “close”.
- Lorenzo says “Red” is about an over the hill gang of CIA agents that have been put out to pasture and a situation occurs to the lead character and he brings back the gang. Compares it to “Oceans 11” and “Sneakers”
- We talk about the recession and how it’s changed the industry