Two of my favorite movies are Richard Linklater’s Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. The two films star Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy and if you’ve ever seen these two great movies, you know how special they are. The first film takes place over one night in Vienna, and the second film takes place in Paris. Since I don’t want to spoil the adventure for those who haven’t seen them, all I want to say is…if you have a chance, watch the first movie. Then, wait a few months and watch the second film. You’ve got to wait for the full effect. Trust me on this.
But for those who have seen the films and love them as much as I do, you’re going to love my five minute conversation with director Richard Linklater about the films and does he think they’ll make a third one. The only thing to know is…you’ll have to sit through me telling him how the Before Sunrise literally changed my life. After I get that out of my system, we have a great back and forth on the films and the future. This interview is aimed at fans of the films. Don’t spoil the experience by watching this till you have seen them….
Finally, a big thank you to Richard Linklater for giving me so much time at the recent Me and Orson Welles press day.
- I mention how Before Sunrise changed my life
- Has he had a lot of people come up to him and say the film changed their lives?
- We talk about how you can’t take that journey when you get older due to responsibility
- Are the films coming to Blu-ray? No immediate plans.
- 3:00 – Has he thought about making a third chapter. Says they talk about it…but until a “core idea that compels you, challenges you. When that emerges in our future we might do it again…but there is no…it sort of begs for it though, after doing two, the obvious question becomes is there going to be another and what would it be. We don’t really have that answer. We have thrown around ideas in a jokey way…but it’s already been five years so…”