Falling Skies struggled to find its voice early on, but has gotten better over time. While season one got decent ratings on TNT, I found most of the action and dialogue from the human survivors unrealistic considering their situation; the limited budget didn’t help. Every episode seemed to take place on the same sets and I often wondered whether the show could live up to its potential. Thankfully, the second season was a huge improvement and most of my issues were dealt with. Characters acted like it was the end of the world, they didn’t spend every episode on the same set, and as the season went on, it felt like it was driving towards an interesting conclusion. Hopefully season 3 will be the best yet.
At the VES Awards last week, I was able to talk to Drew Roy, who plays Hal on the show. We talked about his excitement for season three, what was it like to work with Doug Jones and the character he’ll play, how much he knows about the season before filming begins, his thoughts on each season, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
Drew Roy Time Index:
- 0:20 – Drew Roy talks about Falling Skies gaining momentum and his excitement for the upcoming season.
- 0:40 – Roy talks about Doug Jones playing an alien on the show.
- 1:20 – Roy gives a one-liner for each season of Falling Skies.
- 1:45 – Roy comments on how much he knows about his character at the outset of filming each season.
- 2:25 – Roy talks about whether or not the show will appear at Comic-Con this year.
- 2:40 – Roy comments on what he likes to collect.
- 2:55 – Roy talks about his shooting schedule.