Gamers, are you loving the first quarter of 2019 so far? If you’re not currently polishing your FPS skills with the recently released Apex Legends or finishing up your playthroughs of Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Resident Evil 2 remake, you’re probably anticipating the other titles to come out this month alone. For fighting game fans who have a preference for manga/anime characters, tomorrow’s release of Jump Force is for you. If you’re up for a stark exploration of a post-apocalyptic Russian underground, Metro: Exodus has your number. But if you prefer a wild, high country shoot ’em up that follows up on the epic events of Far Cry 5, then you’ll want to check out tomorrow’s other release, Far Cry New Dawn.
The new Ubisoft franchise release, which arrives less than a year after its predecessor, also launched a new gameplay trailer ahead of its appearance on shelves tomorrow. It does a solid job of showing off the game’s action focus, insane antagonists, and animals pals you’ll meet along the way. Some streamers, like WELOVEGAMES, already have their hands on the title if you want to give it a look before you buy. You can, of course, still pre-order it here for less than the cost of a standard AAA game.
Check out the new launch trailer for Far Cry New Dawn:
Here’s the official synopsis:
Seventeen years after a global nuclear catastrophe, civilization re-emerges from the chaos to find a world dramatically changed. In a post-apocalyptic Hope County, Montana, the remaining populace has gathered into different groups, each with their own rules for survival.
In this new world order, the vicious Highwaymen, led by twin sisters Mickey and Lou, travel from place to place bleeding people dry of all available resources. As the Survivors try to defend their lands against the Highwaymen’s relentless onslaught, it’s up to you to come to their aid and lead the fight.
In the latest installment of the award-winning Far Cry franchise, you are the last line of defense in a transformed, post-apocalyptic Hope County. Help the community of Survivors grow stronger, craft a makeshift arsenal through Turf Wars and cross-country Expeditions, and form unexpected alliances to fight for survival in a dangerous new.
FIGHT FOR SURVIVAL IN A BREATHTAKING POST-APOCALYPTIC WORLD
– Sprawling superbloom fields and dense overgrowth invite you into a wildly beautiful yet deadly post-apocalyptic landscape, to discover on your own or with a friend in two player co-op. – Wildlife has not gone untouched by the disaster, with some predators evolving rugged natural defenses.
UNFORGETTABLE CHARACTERS COLLIDE WITH A RELENTLESS DOUBLE THREAT
– Clash with the brutal Highwaymen and their unruly leaders Mickey and Lou. Known as The Twins, these sisters combine brains and brawn to give their army an iron grip on Hope County’s precious resources.
– Recruit an eclectic cast of Guns and Fangs for Hire to fight by your side. These new allies, as well as some familiar faces, each bring unique and critical skills to the fray. – Find the former doomsday cult and seek out the charismatic leader who prophesized the collapse of civilization: Joseph Seed.
GROW THE SURVIVORS TO BUILD UP YOUR HOMEBASE
– Specialists join the Survivors to help you craft weapons and vehicles, train your Guns for Hire, and even go on Expeditions from the eight Homebase facilities: the workbench, training camp, explosives lab, infirmary, garage, healing garden, cartography, and expeditions. – Grow your community and upgrade your Homebase to improve your facilities and unlock more powerful weapons and gear.
BATTLE FOR RESOURCES IN HOPE COUNTY AND BEYOND
– Engage the Highwaymen in Turf Wars by clearing their outposts and then scavenging them for Ethanol and other materials. When the Highwaymen return with stronger reinforcements, you can take on a greater challenge for even more of these valuable resources.
– For the first time in Far Cry, the adventure is not just local. Venture outside of Hope County on thrilling Expeditions to unique and memorable locations across the USA including wetlands, canyons, and coastal regions.
– Expeditions and Outposts are different every playthrough, for rewarding missions that increase in challenge and are surprising every time.