Of all the women in my life who watched the Sex and the City TV show, only one enjoyed the 2008 movie while everyone else had mixed to negative reactions to the film. I watched the film and while I know it wasn’t for me, I couldn’t help but feel like the film was overly long and felt suited towards a made-for-HBO movie than a big screen theatrical event. But my opinion and the opinions of my mom and female friends don’t seem to matter much because Sex and the City 2 is hurdling towards us and the first trailer for the film has come online.
I don’t have much to say about it other than there’s two lame puns on the name “Carrie” and Kim Cattrall is almost unrecognizable and I don’t mean that in a good way. Also, a female friend who liked the show but hated the first movie made an interesting point about the sequel: now that Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker) is married, what’s the point? How would her character even have a job since her column was about single life in Manhattan? I don’t know the answer to that question nor do I particularly care. Sex and the City 2 isn’t for me.
But if you think it may be for you, check out the trailer after the jump. Sex and the City 2 hits theaters on May 28, 2010.
SEX AND THE CITY 2 In theatres on May 28
- (New Line Cinema/Village Roadshow Pictures)
- Director: Michael Patrick King
- Writers: Michael Patrick King
- Based on the TV series created by Darren Star
- Based on characters from the book by Candace Bushnell
- Producers: Michael Patrick King, John Melfi, Sarah Jessica Parker, Darren Star
- Executive Producers: Toby Emmerich, Richard Brener, Marcus Viscidi
- Cast: Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon, Chris Noth, David Eigenberg, Evan Handler, Jason Lewis, Mario Cantone, Willie Garson
Romantic Comedy. Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda take another bite out of the Big Apple in the sequel to the 2008 summer blockbuster.