The other week I was on the set of ABC’s FlashForward and was able to speak with executive producer/show runner Jessika Borsiczky. While I already posted my interviews with the stars of the show and they came out great (Dominic Monaghan, Joseph Fiennes and Sonya Walger), if you want to find out what’s really going to happen on FlashForward, you’ve got to go to the producer/show runner. Thankfully, she was more than happy to talk about what’s coming up this season and after the jump you can watch what she had to say. As always, I’ve listed all the questions and some of the answers before the interview.
- Says 22 episodes this season – finale will air in May
- Timing is not concurrent with reality
- Does the first season resolve the big things they’ve been building to or does it go onto the second season
- She says they are finally getting to the stuff they’ve been building towards all year – will find out the cause of the blackout. Who was in the stands. Did people avoid their deaths.
- Says it is not all saved for the final episodes – each episode getting ready to air has something happening
- Has the show changed at all as it’s been going on – says there is a learning curve and they are adjusting. Says they want to answer more questions regularly. Simplify the mysteries. Wants to delve into the characters more while facing their destiny.
- 5:00 – Is the finale a big cliffhanger
- 5:40 – What has she heard about a renewal for a second season – says they just had a meeting with the network about a second season
- 6:30 – How is international sales on FlashForward as that really helps keep a show on the air. Talks about how the show goes day and date in other countries. So when it airs in America, it airs in other countries the same night.
- 8:00 – Talks about the future of the show, what she wants for it
- 8:55 – How close are they sticking to David Goyer’s original vision for the show
Finally, I conducted this interview with Patrick Lee from SciFi wire, so if you hear another person asking questions…