The sixth season of HBO’s Game of Thrones is about to come to a close this weekend when “The Winds of Winter” arrive at long last. Before the final hour leaves fans waiting until 2017 for a new season, there are quite a few plot points that need to be sufficiently tied up. To prep you for some of the story arcs that may either conclude or inspire new branches, HBO has released new images from the upcoming finale.
Don’t expect too many spoilers in these here images. Instead, they should serve as a nice appetizer for the dessert that will close out one of the wildest seasons of the series to date. At the very least, we can expect to spend time with Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and David Bradley, Emilia Clarke and Peter Dinklage, Liam Cunningham, Isaac Hempstead Wright, and Jonathan Pryce. Surely other faces will appear as well, but how many of them will be left alive to return in Season 7 next year? Your guess is as good as mine at this point, but feel free to leave your speculations in the comments below!
Check out the new images from the “The Winds of Winter,” the Season 6 finale of HBO’s Game of Thrones below:
For more of our coverage on Game of Thrones, take a look at some recent articles:
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6 Map: Where Is Everybody After “Battle of the Bastards”?
- See How ‘Game of Thrones’ Filmed the Epic “Battle of The Bastards” in Behind-the-Scenes Videos
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 6 Finale Trailer Teases “The Winds of Winter”
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Recap: “Battle of the Bastards” – A Song of Ice and Fire Prelude
- ‘Game of Thrones’: Just How Big Will ‘Battle of the Bastards’ Be?