With Ghostbusters opening this weekend, a few days ago I sat down with Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones for an exclusive video interview. They talked about if they felt any hesitation about rebooting such a beloved movie, the good vibe on set, alt jokes, and more. As most of you know, the film stars Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, McKinnon, and Jones as the new Ghostbusters and Chris Hemsworth, Andy Garcia, Michael K. Williams, Matt Walsh, and Neil Casey round out the cast.
Before going any further I should say I’ve fallen out of love with 3D in movies. Hollywood has taken something that could have been awesome and destroyed it with lackluster presentations, and releasing tons of films that never needed the format. But when done with care and passion like Martin Scorsese’s Hugo, Ang Lee’s Life of Pi, and Alfonso Cuarón’s Gravity, 3D can be something that adds a tremendous amount to a film by using the format to help tell the story. And that’s exactly what Paul Feig has done with Ghostbusters. He’s used 3D to help tell the story, and because of that, I strongly recommend seeing Ghostbusters in IMAX 3D to get the full experience. Unlike some 3D films which use the format to add depth to the screen, Feig uses 3D in a fun and cool way by having the beams and explosions break the movie frame. I absolutely loved the way he uses the format.
Check out what Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones had to say in the video above and when done check out some of our recent articles below.
- Melissa McCarthy on ‘Ghostbusters’ and Why Rebooting was a Better Idea than a Continuation
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Review: ‘Bustin Will Make You Feel Good
- Melissa McCarthy & Paul Feig on the Potential for Future ‘Ghostbusters’ Sequels
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Co-Writer Katie Dippold on Why They Made a Reboot instead of a Sequel
- Paul Feig Explains Why You Should See ‘Ghostbusters’ in IMAX 3D