In a new TV spot for Godzilla: King of the Monsters, you get the sense that the human characters are just there for set decoration and to establish some stakes. Make no mistake, the monsters are the stars of the show here. I, for one, would be perfectly fine if Godzilla & Co. laid waste to the entirety of the surface world in order to battle it out for monster planet domination. This new video suggests that that idea might not be far from the truth.
Directed by Michael Dougherty from a script he co-wrote with Zach Shields, Godzilla: King of the Monsters stars Kyle Chandler, as well as Oscar-nominee Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown her feature film debut, Bradley Whitford, Oscar-nominee Sally Hawkins, Charles Dance, Thomas Middleditch, Aisha Hinds, O’Shea Jackson Jr., Oscar-nominee David Strathairn, with Oscar-nominee Ken Watanabe and Golden Globe-nominee Ziyi Zhang. The sequel storms into theaters on May 31st.
Enjoy the new TV spot for Godzilla: King of the Monsters below:
Here’s the official synopsis:
The new story follows the heroic efforts of the crypto-zoological agency Monarch as its members face off against a battery of god-sized monsters, including the mighty Godzilla, who collides with Mothra, Rodan, and his ultimate nemesis, the three-headed King Ghidorah. When these ancient super-species—thought to be mere myths—rise again, they all vie for supremacy, leaving humanity’s very existence hanging in the balance.
And for more on the upcoming creature feature, be sure to get caught up by checking out these recent, relevant write-ups:
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’: O’Shea Jackson Jr. on Why He’s a Lifelong Godzilla Fan
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’: Kyle Chandler on the Impact of the Original ‘Godzilla’ Movies
- Michael Dougherty Says His ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ Is to ‘Godzilla’ as ‘Aliens’ Is to ‘Alien’
- ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’: What We Learned on Set at the Kaiju Brawl
- New ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’ Images Tease One Titanic Tussle