Director Gareth Edwards’ mega monster movie Godzilla roars onto screens in just a few days, but we’ve got five new clips from the film to give you a taste. Additionally, we’ve posted 11 minutes of behind-the-scenes footage the offer up a look at the amount of work that went into getting the iconic monster back into theaters, as well as the massive scope of the production. If you still want more, be sure to check out these newly released images from the film, as well as getting caught up on Matt’s set visit report.
Godzilla stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Juliette Binoche, Sally Hawkins, David Strathairn, Ken Watanabe, and Bryan Cranston, and opens May 16th. Hit the jump to watch the Godzilla movie clips and behind-the-scenes footage.
Take a look at the Godzilla clips and behind-the-scenes footage below:
Here’s the official synopsis for Godzilla:
In Summer 2014, the world’s most revered monster is reborn as Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures unleash the epic action adventure “Godzilla.” From visionary new director Gareth Edwards (“Monsters”) comes a powerful story of human courage and reconciliation in the face of titanic forces of nature, when the awe-inspiring Godzilla rises to restore balance as humanity stands defenseless.
Gareth Edwards directs “Godzilla,” which stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson (“Kick-Ass”), Oscar® nominee Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai,” “Inception”), Elizabeth Olsen (“Martha Marcy May Marlene”), Oscar® winner Juliette Binoche (“The English Patient,” “Cosmopolis”), and Sally Hawkins (“Blue Jasmine”), with Oscar® nominee David Strathairn (“Good Night, and Good Luck.,” “The Bourne Legacy”) and Bryan Cranston (“Argo,” TV’s “Breaking Bad”).
For more on Godzilla, click here to peruse all of our coverage, or take a look at some recent articles below:
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talks the Tone of the Picture, the Raw Energy During Filming, and More on the Set of GODZILLA
- Bryan Cranston Talks about His Thoughts on the Script, the Appeal of a Character-Driven Blockbuster, and More on the Set of GODZILLA
- Legendary Pictures CEO and Producer Thomas Tull Talks GODZILLA, His Love for the Character, Handling Comic-Con, PACIFIC RIM 2, and More
- Director Gareth Edwards Talks Making the Leap from an Indie to a Blockbuster, Man-vs-Nature, Easter Eggs, and More on the Set of GODZILLA
- New GODZILLA Featurette Focuses on Director Gareth Edwards
- Director Gareth Edwards Talks GODZILLA’s Roar and Designing the Monster at WonderCon
- Plenty of Monster Action in New International GODZILLA Trailer