Over the weekend, shortly before Godzilla director Gareth Edwards hit the WonderCon stage to talk about his movie, I landed a few minutes with him backstage on the red carpet. While the interview was brief, he talked about designing the sound of Godzilla, how they came up with the new roar, his look, and more. Hit the jump to watch and click here to read our recap of the Godzilla WonderCon panel. The film stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Bryan Cranston, Elizabeth Olsen, Ken Watanabe, Sally Hawkins, Juliette Binoche, and David Strathairn. Godzilla opens in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D on May 16th.
Director Gareth Edwards:
- Talked about designing the sound of Godzilla and who did the roar.
- The look of Godzilla.
Here’s the official synopsis for Godzilla:
An epic rebirth to Toho’s iconic Godzilla, this spectacular adventure pits the world’s most famous monster against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity’s scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.
- Matt Visits the Set of GODZILLA and Witnesses the Monster’s Trail of Destruction
- Director Gareth Edwards Talks Making the Leap from an Indie to a Blockbuster, Man-vs-Nature, Easter Eggs, and More on the Set of GODZILLA
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Talks the Tone of the Picture, the Raw Energy During Filming, and More on the Set of GODZILLA
- Bryan Cranston Talks about His Thoughts on the Script, the Appeal of a Character-Driven Blockbuster, and More on the Set of GODZILLA
- Legendary Pictures CEO and Producer Thomas Tull Talks GODZILLA, His Love for the Character, Handling Comic-Con, PACIFIC RIM 2, and More