With the release of Godzilla: King of the Monsters in theaters tomorrow, now’s a pretty good time to stir up some interest in the franchise’s next installment: Godzilla vs Kong. Sure, the mere existence (and title) of the follow-up film might take some of the tension out of the current picture, but that little wrinkle hasn’t stopped mega movie franchises like the MCU from seeing record-breaking turnouts. (Interestingly, the promo poster teases that “One Will Fall.”) In fact, Godzilla vs Kong might just be the biggest movie in Legendary’s Monsterverse when it arrives on the big screen on March 13, 2020.
That’s what the studio is hoping for anyway as they drum up interest in the next film during the upcoming Licensing Expo with a brand new promo poster. We’ve already seen one for Sony’s Masters of the Universe project, the following one-sheet for Godzilla vs Kong, and a new promo poster teasing Denis Villeneuve‘s Dune. That latter adaptation of Frank Herbert‘s classic sci-fi story arrives November 20, 2020.
Check out the new promo poster for Godzilla vs Kong below:
For more on all things Godzilla, be sure to visit these recent write-ups:
- Alexander Skarsgård on ‘The Aftermath’ and ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’
- Filming Begins on ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’; First Synopsis and Full Cast Revealed
- Alexander Skarsgard and ‘Deadpool 2’ Star Join ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’
- ‘The Nun’ Star Demián Bichir in Negotiations to Join ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’
- Brian Tyree Henry Joins Cast of ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’
And here’s a look at the Dune teaser:
- Stellan Skarsgård on HBO’s ‘Chernobyl’ and Playing the Villain in Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Dune’
- Filming Begins on Denis Villenueve’s ‘Dune’; Hans Zimmer to Score
- Javier Bardem on ‘Everybody Knows’ and Joining Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Dune’
- Stellan Skarsgard on ‘Out Stealing Horses’, Why He Joined ‘Dune’, and HBO’s ‘Chernobyl’
- ‘Aquaman’ Star Jason Momoa Joins Josh Brolin, Oscar Isaac in ‘Dune’ Reboot