Gotham spoilers are discussed in this intro and interview.
Earlier today at New York Comic-Con I was able to participate in a group interview with Gotham Executive Producer John Stephens and Michael Chiklis. If you’re not aware, Chiklis is joining the cast of Gotham as the new Captain of the Gotham Police Force in tomorrow night’s episode.
During the interview Chiklis talked about how his character is not another Vic Mackie (The Shield), how it’s like making a feature film with every episode, the freedom that comes from playing a character that’s not in the comics, and the challenges of creating surprising characters in a prequel series. In addition, producer John Stephens talks about how the death of Jerome plays into future episodes.
While I had issues with the first season of Gotham, I’ll admit season two has been a marked improvement in terms of character development and story. I’m very interested to see how the addition of Michael Chiklis plays into the dynamic of the show.
Here’s the interview. Gotham airs Monday nights on Fox.
Michael Chiklis and John Stephens:
- Chiklis talks about his character which is the new Captain of the Police department in Gotham. He’s serving as a mentor to Gordon.
- How it’s like making a feature film every episode.
- The freedom that comes with playing a character that isn’t in the comic books.
- How the death of Jerome plays into future episodes.
- How it’s challenging to create surprises in a prequel series.