Fox has released debut trailers for its upcoming new series. Briefly:
- Gracepoint – A 10-episode miniseries remake of the excellent British series Broadchurch starring David Tennant and Anna Gunn as detectives investigating the death of a young boy.
- Empire – A drama set in the world of the hip-hop music business starring Terrence Howard and Taraji P. Henson, from executive producers Lee Daniels and Danny Strong.
- Wayward Pines – A 10-episode mystery miniseries from M. Night Shyamalan, starring Matt Dillon as a Secret Service agent investigating the disappearance of two agents in a strange town. The show debuts midseason.
- Hieroglyph – An adventure drama set in the world of ancient Egypt, from creator Travis Beacham (Pacific Rim) and debuting midseason.
- Backstrom – An offbeat comedic crime procedural from Bones creator Hart Hanson, starring Rainn Wilson and debuting midseason.
- Mulaney – A new multi-cam sitcom starring comedian John Mulaney.
- The Last Man on Earth – A single-camera comedy starring Will Forte about the life and adventures of the last man on earth.
Hit the jump to watch trailers for all of the aforementioned series, and click here to see Fox’s full schedule for the 2014-15 season.
10-episode mystery event series GRACEPOINT, starring Welsh BAFTA winner David Tennant (“Dr. Who”), Emmy Award winner Anna Gunn (“Breaking Bad”), Academy Award nominee Jacki Weaver (“Silver Linings Playbook”), Academy Award nominee Nick Nolte (“Warrior,” “Affliction”) and SAG Award winner Michael Peña (“American Hustle”) is a riveting mystery that follows the tragic death of a young boy, and the major police investigation and nationwide media frenzy that subsequently overtake a picturesque seaside town, where anyone is a suspect.
From Academy Award nominee Lee Daniels (“Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” “Precious”) and Emmy Award winner Danny Strong (“Lee Daniels’ The Butler,” “Game Change”), comes EMPIRE, a sexy and powerful new drama about the head of a music empire whose three sons and ex-wife all battle for his throne. LUCIOUS LYON (Academy Award nominee Terrence Howard, “Crash,” “Hustle & Flow”) is the king of hip-hop.
Based on a best-selling novel and brought to life by suspenseful storyteller M. Night Shyamalan (“The Sixth Sense”), WAYWARD PINES is an intense, mind-bending 10-episode thriller starring Academy Award nominee Matt Dillon (“Crash”) as a Secret Service agent on a mission to find two missing federal agents in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID. Every step closer to the truth makes him question if he will ever get out of Wayward Pines alive.
The world of ancient Egypt – a time of magic, Pharaohs, gods and thieves – lives again in HIEROGLYPH, an exciting action-adventure series from creator/executive producer Travis Beacham (“Pacific Rim,” “Clash of the Titans”). The epic fantasy follows a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharaoh, forcing him to navigate palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and divine sorcerers, as he races to stop the downfall of one of history’s greatest civilizations.
Created and executive-produced by Hart Hanson (BONES), offbeat comedic crime procedural BACKSTROM centers on Detective EVERETT BACKSTROM (three-time Emmy Award nominee Rainn Wilson, “The Office,” “Six Feet Under”), an unhealthy, offensive, irascible – albeit brilliant – detective who is brought back from exile to run the Portland Police Bureau’s Special Crimes Unit (S.C.U.).
From Emmy Award-winning writer and comedian John Mulaney (“Saturday Night Live”) comes MULANEY, a multi-camera ensemble comedy series about a rising stand-up comic trying to take his career to the next level and the friends and mentors who lift him up, hold him back and push him around.
The Last Man on Earth
Phil Miller (Will Forte) was once just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job at the bank — now he’s humanity’s last hope. Will he ever find another person alive on the planet? Would hoping that she is a female be asking too much?