Though a Green Lantern Corps movie has been on the docket for Warner Bros. for a while now, Geoff Johns confirmed just last night that the power-ring wearing guardians would indeed be joining the Justice League universe. The confirmation came as part of the TV special “DC Films Presents: The Dawn of the Justice League”, which also revealed new footage from Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad, and concept art designs of Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, Ezra Miller’s The Flash, and Ray Fisher’s Cyborg. Briefly glimpsed during the special was a scene or two of just what the Green Lantern Corps might actually resemble once they’re assembled.
Unfortunately, we didn’t get many details at all concerning the movie itself: no casting details, plot hints, or confirmation of which Green Lanterns (and there are many) might show up on the movie screen. We’re not even sure when the Lanterns will first appear, whether it will be in the first part of the Justice League films, sooner, or later. For now, it’s enough that we have confirmation, but as the DC Films/Warner Bros. superhero pictures start to roll out, hopefully we’ll get something a little meatier.
Watch the relevant segment from the recent TV special below:
For more on the Green Lantern reboot, take a look at some of our recent coverage below:
- Chris Pine Says He Was Never Offered ‘Green Lantern’
- Tyrese Confirms He’s Met with Warner Bros. for GREEN LANTERN CORPS.
- GREEN LANTERN Reboot Officially Titled GREEN LANTERN CORPS
And for more from the DC Films and Warner Bros. TV special, check out these recent stories:
- ‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Video Reveals New Footage of the Dark Knight
- ‘Justice League’: Ezra Miller, Jason Momoa & Ray Fisher Talk The Flash, Aquaman & Cyborg
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Over 80 New Images from the Trailer Reveal More of the Insanity
- ‘Wonder Woman’: First Footage Reveals Gal Gadot in Action as the Iconic Superhero
- First Official ‘Suicide Squad’ Trailer Lets the Villains Out to Play
- ‘Suicide Squad’: Jared Leto’s Ambitious Joker Performance Teased by David Ayer, Zack Snyder