Greg Berlanti is having a good year. Not only does his movie Life As We Know It get released this weekend, he has a series (No Ordinary Family) that just premiered on ABC, and he’s also working on The Flash, Green Lantern 2 and Clash of the Titans 2. As you might imagine, when I found out I was going to be able to speak with him at the Life As We Know It press junket, I had a lot of questions.
Since we covered so many subjects, I decided to break up the interview into two parts. For today’s part, Berlanti talks about No Ordinary Family, Green Lantern 2 and Clash of the Titans 2. Hit the jump for more:
While I could have asked a thousand questions on his various projects as they’re all geek friendly, I also knew Berlanti could only say so much about movies that are so far in the future. Due to that, I used a lot of the time on future projects to talk about No Ordinary Family and his vision for the show.
When we did get to Green Lantern 2, I asked what is it like for him to be writing a sequel when no one has seen the first film. And regarding Clash 2, I asked him what did he think worked in the first movie and what could be brought to the sequel.
Here’s what he had to say. Look for more with Berlanti on Friday.
- How involved is he on No Ordinary Family on a day to day basis
- :45 – Do they have a long term plan for the show. Explains how there is less mythology on the show than he expected
- 1:45 – Are they writing in how everyone has camera phones now and portable cameras
- 3:00 – Does he think one day the characters will end up on TV talking about their powers
- 3:40 – Clash of the Titans 2 talk. What did he think worked in the first Clash of the Titans and how does that go into second film
- 5:40 – What is it like for him to be writing Green Lantern 2 when no one has seen the first film