We’re walking a fine line with Marvel’s marketing for Guardians of the Galaxy, with one side being in danger of giving away too much and the other offering teases to fans and newcomers alike. In the last four days alone, we’ve seen not one, but two clips from the film. Now, since audience reactions to an early screening were overwhelmingly positive, perhaps they want to encourage that great word of mouth with yet another clip. This one does a solid job of not only showing off the film’s sense of humor, but further exploring the relationships between the characters early on in their tenuous arrangement. Good stuff, but I’ve already seen more than enough to convince me to check this one out in theaters.
Starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Karen Gillan, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, Michael Rooker, John C. Reilly, and Peter Serafinowicz, and featuring the voices of Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel, Guardians of the Galaxy opens August 1st. Hit the jump to check out the latest clip.
Take a look at the new Guardians of the Galaxy clip, courtesy of Marvel:
Here’s the official synopsis:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.
Check out more of our recent Guardians of the Galaxy coverage using the links below:
- Kevin Feige Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, THOR 3, CAPTAIN AMERICA 3, DOCTOR STRANGE, Casting Josh Brolin as Thanos, Comic-Con Plans, and More
- Geek Gifts: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY’s Rocket and Groot from Hot Toys and Sideshow Collectibles
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Reviews: Audience Reactions to Early Screenings Overwhelmingly Positive
- First GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Clip Has Peter Quill Facing off Against Korath
- New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Posters Focus on Villains Ronan, Nebula, and Korath
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Character Posters Give Yondu, Nova Prime and Corpsman Dey Their Chance to Shine
- New GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY TV Spots Provide Origin Stories for Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax