There’s no denying the fact that Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy was a crossover hit. You don’t make over $90 million opening weekend if you only attract the comics crowd, and director James Gunn’s fun and humorous space opera seems to have connected well with the moviegoing public at large. As with all Marvel movies, Guardians was packed with its fair share of Easter eggs and nods both to the other films and the comic book source material, but if you’re like me and somewhat unfamiliar with the comics, many of these probably went over your head. Not to worry, though, as a video has already been put together that runs down some of the bigger references seen throughout the film. While it’s a stretch to call some of these “Easter eggs”—in fact most are just obvious references to the comics—the video still serves as an informative explanation of some of the comics origins, as well as a fun heads up of things to look for on a future viewing.
Hit the jump to watch the Guardians of the Galaxy Easter eggs video, which obviously delves into spoilers. The film is now playing in theaters everywhere.
Click here to catch up on all of our Guardians of the Galaxy coverage thus far, or peruse the recent links below:
- James Gunn Posts Heartfelt GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Message
- Weekend Box Office: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Lands with $94 Million
- James Gunn Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, Deleted Scenes, Releasing an Extended Cut, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2, and Spinoff Movies
- First Official Thanos Image from GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Revealed in Marvel’s Phase 1 & 2 Recap Video
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY Review
- Vin Diesel Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, His Reaction to the Finished Film, Another RIDDICK Sequel, KOJAK, XXX 3, His HANNIBAL Trilogy, More
- Benicio del Toro Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, Playing the Collector, His Marvel Contract, INHERENT VICE, PARADISE LOST, and More