Hot on the heels of Marvel’s first trailer for James Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy come 12 new images from the snarky superhero film. In addition to looks at Chris Pratt as Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Zoe Saldana as Gamora, and Dave Bautista as Drax the Destroyer, there are also some excellent shots of the more unconventional characters of Rocket Raccoon (voiced by Bradley Cooper) and Groot (voiced by Vin Diesel). We also get our first clear looks at Taneleer Tivan/The Collector (Benicio Del Toro) and Nebula (Karen Gillan).
Also starring Lee Pace, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Michael Rooker, Djimon Hounsou, and Peter Serafinowicz, Guardians of the Galaxy opens August 1st. Hit the jump to check out the new images.
Check out the new images from Guardians of the Galaxy below:
- Click here for the first poster for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for teasers featuring Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax the Destroyer
- Click here for teasers featuring Rocket Raccoon and Groot
- Click here for James Gunn talking Infinity Gems, Adam Warlock, when we’ll hear Rocket speak, the second trailer, and more
- Click here to watch the first trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for a close up on Karen Gillan as the Villainous Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for 20 screencaps from the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.