Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn recently said that fans would get to hear Rocket Raccoon speak soon, and he made good on his promise faster than anticipated. This new teaser video reveals Bradley Cooper as the voice behind the smallest, but feistiest member of the Guardians. Cooper and Gunn also give their two cents on the character, who may appear cuddly to those unfamiliar with the comics, but in reality has quite a few anger issues.
Starring Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro, Karen Gillan, Glenn Close, Michael Rooker, Peter Serafinowicz, and the voice Vin Diesel, Guardians of the Galaxy opens in 3D on August 1st. Hit the jump to hear Rocket speak for the first time! [Update: You can also watch Diesel talk about Groot in a new video after the jump.]
Check out Cooper lending his voice to Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy below:
And here’s Diesel on Groot:
- Click here for the first poster for Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for teasers featuring Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax the Destroyer
- Click here for James Gunn talking Infinity Gems, Adam Warlock, when we’ll hear Rocket speak, the second trailer, and more
- Click here for 12 new images from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here to watch the first trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for a close up on Karen Gillan as the Villainous Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for 20 screencaps from the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer
Here’s the official synopsis for Guardians of the Galaxy:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.