This week is all about Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. Not only did the first trailer for the film drop late last night, but we’ve also seen a host of great images from the colorful cast of characters. However, there are some moments in the trailer that zipped by so fast that the eye could hardly register them. We’ve gone ahead and remedied this by snagging 20 new images from the trailer that show off Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly and more in costume.
Also starring Lee Pace, Benicio Del Toro, Karen Gillan, Glenn Close, Michael Rooker, Peter Serafinowicz, and the voices of Bradley Cooper and Vin Diesel, Guardians of the Galaxy opens in 3D on August 1st. Hit the jump to check out the screencaps.
Here are 20 new screencaps pulled from the Guardians of the Galaxy trailer for you to enjoy:
- Click here for the first poster for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for teasers featuring Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax the Destroyer
- Click here for teasers featuring Rocket Raccoon and Groot
- Click here for James Gunn talking Infinity Gems, Adam Warlock, when we’ll hear Rocket speak, the second trailer, and more
- Click here for 12 new images from Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here to watch the first trailer for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
- Click here for a close up on Karen Gillan as the Villainous Nebula in Guardians of the Galaxy
Here’s the official synopsis for Guardians of the Galaxy:
From Marvel, the studio that brought you the global blockbuster franchises of Iron Man, Thor, Captain America and The Avengers, comes a new team – the Guardians of the Galaxy. An action-packed epic space adventure, Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” expands the Marvel Cinematic Universe into the cosmos, where brash adventurer Peter Quill finds himself the object of an unrelenting bounty hunt after stealing a mysterious orb coveted by Ronan, a powerful villain with ambitions that threaten the universe. To evade the ever-persistent Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a quartet of disparate misfits – Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon, Groot, a tree-like humanoid, the deadly and enigmatic Gamora and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer. But when Peter discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must do his best to rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand – with the galaxy’s fate in the balance. Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” is presented by Marvel Studios. The film releases August 1, 2014, and is distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.