Arriving on Blu-ray and DVD October 9 is Universal’s Werewolf: The Beast Among Us. Directed by Louis Morneau (Joy Ride II, Hitcher II: I’ve Been Waiting) and starring Stephen Rea, Steven Bauer, Ed Quinn, Nia Peeples, Guy Wilson, Adam Croasdell and Rachel DiPillo, Werewolf: The Beast Among Us was filmed on location in Romania and Transylvania last year. The film is set in a 19th century village, where “a young man studying under a local doctor joins a team of hunters on the trail of a wolf-like creature.” With Universal celebrating its 100th Anniversary, Werewolf is the start of a new chapter of horror in their home video department.
Last year when Werewolf was shooting outside Bucharest, I got to visit the set and talk with most of the cast. For today’s interview, I’ve got Guy Wilson. We talked about how he got involved in the project, what it’s like filming in Romania, his character and favorite scene to film, how he prepared for the role, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
A monstrous creature terrorizes a 19th Century European village by moonlight and a young man struggles to protect his loved ones from an unspeakable scourge in Werewolf: The Beast Among Us, Universal Studios’ all-new addition to its time-honored legacy of classic monsters. During his studies with the local doctor (Rea), Daniel (Wilson) witnesses the horrific consequences of werewolf attacks. Watching as the beast’s fearsome reputation draws bounty hunters, thrill seekers and charlatans to the tiny town, Daniel dreams of destroying the ruthless predator. So when a mysterious stranger (Quinn) and his team of skilled werewolf hunters (Bauer, Croasdell) arrive to pursue the monster, he offers to join them, despite his mother’s (Peeples) protests. But it soon becomes clear that this creature is stronger, smarter and more dangerous than anything they have faced before. As casualties mount and villagers see their neighbors transformed into ravening monsters, the townsfolk take up arms against each other to find the true identity of the werewolf. Amid the hysteria, Daniel begins to suspect he’s closer to his target than he ever dreamed.
Guy Wilson Time Index:
- 0:10 – Guy Wilson reveals his go-to karaoke songs.
- 0:55 – Wilson talks about how he got involved with Werewolf: The Beast Among Us.
- 2:20 – Wilson comments on the parts of the script that interested him and gives info on his character.
- 4:00 – On location in Romania, Wilson talks about filming there and getting out of his comfort zone of LA.
- 5:30 – Wilson expands on his character in the film and whether he researched for the role or not.
- 7:30 – Wilson talks about his favorite scene to film and what he’s most looking forward to seeing on screen.
- 9:15 – Wilson shares some of his adventures in Bucharest.