Right before the Christmas break, I got to sit down with Gwyneth Paltrow to talk about her new movie Country Strong. By now you’ve probably seen the clips (or the trailer) and know Paltrow plays an emotionally unstable country star that gets involved with a rising young singer-songwriter (Garrett Hedlund). In addition, Tim McGraw plays her husband and Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) plays a beauty-queen-turned-singer who is trying to make a name for herself.
Anyway, during the interview Paltrow talked about the challenges of making the film (she actually sings and she’s good), how she got attached to the project, what this year has been like for her, and will she record an album. But I think the best part of the interview was the very beginning. That’s because I got Simon Pegg to give me two questions to ask her (they’re close friends) and her reaction is great. I won’t spoil what I asked. Finally, towards the end of the interview, Paltrow talked about how Pepper Potts won’t be in Joss Whedon’s Avengers movie and reveals who she plays in on Steven Soderbergh’s Contagion. Hit the jump to watch:
Note: We previously posted the part of the interview where Paltrow revealed that she wouldn’t be in The Avengers. However, I figured at least some of you hadn’t heard the news, so I left it in.
Also, before the cameras were rolling we were talking about computers…which is how the interview begins…
- She talks about how she isn’t good with computers
- Two questions from Simon Pegg…I won’t spoil what he had me ask
- How did she get attached to Country Strong? Did she go after it?
- What has this year been like for her. Also, is she going to record any albums now
- What was the most challenging aspect of making Country Strong
- Reveals she hasn’t been asked to be in The Avengers
- Contagion talk. Talks about who she plays and what it’s about. Reveals she is the one responsible for releasing the virus