The broadcast networks will announce their 2013-14 schedule during Upfront Week, starting Monday, so you will know the official fate of all your favorite shows soon enough. The networks have already started handing out cancellations, though, according to Deadline.
- ABC cancelled Happy Endings after three seasons. Rumor has it USA may pick up the sitcom to pair with Modern Family reruns starting in the fall.
- ABC also cancelled three-season veteran Body of Proof and freshman series Malibu Country, How to Live with Your Parents, and Red Widow.
- NBC cancelled Ryan Murphy‘s new comedy, The New Normal.
- Smash was a respectable hit for NBC in its debut 2012 season before taking a dive in season two. After moving the show to Dead Air Saturdays in April, NBC is finally putting Smash out of its misery.
- Beverly Hills Cop was a high-profile pilot, given the brand recognition and involvement of Eddie Murphy and showrunner Shawn Ryan (The Shield). CBS surprisingly passed, but Sony Television is expected to shop the pilot around to other networks.