Another day, another semi-confirmation of a Star Wars return for an actor from the original trilogy. Despite Joss Whedon’s thoughts on the matter, it seems inevitable now that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford will be reprising their roles from the original Star Wars trilogy in the J.J. Abrams-helmed Episode VII. Hamill previously said the trio was in talks, Fisher has outright confirmed that she’ll be back, and George Lucas said it’s pretty much a done deal. Now you can add the final piece of the puzzle to the pile, as Harrison Ford has essentially confirmed that they’ll all be back saying, “I think it’s happening.” Hit the jump for more.
Speaking with WGN at an event in Chicago for his Conservation International organization, Ford was asked if it was true that he, Hamill, and Fisher would be back for Star Wars: Episode VII:
“I think it’s almost true. I’m looking forward to it. It’s not in the bag yet, but I think it’s happening.”
It’s a foregone conclusion that Luke, Leia, and Han Solo will be appearing in Episode VII, and the question now is how big their roles will actually be. We know extremely little about Michael Arndt’s script for the film, and with Abrams set as the director we can safely assume that it’ll stay that way for quite some time. What do you think, dear readers? Should Luke, Leia, and Han have integral roles in the Episode VII story or should they be relegated to mere cameos? Sound off in the comments below, following the video interview with Ford.
Click here to catch up on all of our Star Wars coverage, or peruse the recent links below:
- Joss Whedon Says He Wouldn’t Bring Back Original Characters for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford “Pretty Much” Signed on for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII According to George Lucas
- Carrie Fisher Confirms She’ll Return as Princess Leia in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII
- Mark Hamill talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Says “They’re Talking to Us” but “We Haven’t Signed Anything Yet”
- John Williams Hoping to Score New STAR WARS Films
- Harrison Ford Set to Return to Play Han Solo in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?
- STAR WARS Screenwriters Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg Talk STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Frank Oz Willing to Return to Voice Yoda
- Watch Steve Talk About STAR WARS Spinoff Movies, DIE HARD 6, SPIDER-MAN, the STAR TREK Sequel and More
- RUMOR: John Noble Circling Villain Role in STAR WARS: EPISODE VII? Plus, Concept Art for Young Han Solo from STAR WARS: EPISODE III
- Editorial: Need STAR WARS Spinoffs Featuring Old Characters, We Don’t
- STAR WARS Spinoff Films Include a Boba Fett Movie and a Young Han Solo Film
- Disney Confirms Standalone STAR WARS Films
- Rumor: First Standalone STAR WARS Movie Centers on Yoda
- THE COLLISION: Episode 35 – J.J. Abrams and STAR WARS
- Producer Kathleen Kennedy Explains How She Got J.J. Abrams to Direct STAR
- ARS: EPISODE VII; Won’t Confirm 2015 Release
- STAR WARS News: Film Might Have Female Protagonist; Abrams Comments on Getting the Gig; May Not Have Agreed to 2015 Release