Harrison Ford Talks His Involvement with STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; Says “I Think It’s Happening”

     March 19, 2013


Another day, another semi-confirmation of a Star Wars return for an actor from the original trilogy.  Despite Joss Whedon’s thoughts on the matter, it seems inevitable now that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford will be reprising their roles from the original Star Wars trilogy in the J.J. Abrams-helmed Episode VII.  Hamill previously said the trio was in talks, Fisher has outright confirmed that she’ll be back, and George Lucas said it’s pretty much a done deal.  Now you can add the final piece of the puzzle to the pile, as Harrison Ford has essentially confirmed that they’ll all be back saying, “I think it’s happening.”  Hit the jump for more.

harrison-ford-star-wars-episode-7Speaking with WGN at an event in Chicago for his Conservation International organization, Ford was asked if it was true that he, Hamill, and Fisher would be back for Star Wars: Episode VII:

“I think it’s almost true. I’m looking forward to it. It’s not in the bag yet, but I think it’s happening.”

It’s a foregone conclusion that Luke, Leia, and Han Solo will be appearing in Episode VII, and the question now is how big their roles will actually be.  We know extremely little about Michael Arndt’s script for the film, and with Abrams set as the director we can safely assume that it’ll stay that way for quite some time.  What do you think, dear readers?  Should Luke, Leia, and Han have integral roles in the Episode VII story or should they be relegated to mere cameos?  Sound off in the comments below, following the video interview with Ford.

star-wars-a-new-hope-posterClick here to catch up on all of our Star Wars coverage, or peruse the recent links below:


Around The Web

Latest News