At the Star Wars Celebration I was able to do a few video interviews and I’ll be posting all of them today. The first one is James Duval (Frank the Bunny in Donnie Darko) interviewing Brian, a member of the Hasbro team, and they obviously talk about toys and Star Wars.
Some quick background first. I’ve been friends with Jimmy for far too long and while many things have changed in our lives… Star Wars is something we still talk about. While I don’t feel like I used to, when you talk to Jimmy about deleted scenes or certain toys, you can see his face light up like a little kid on Christmas morning. That’s why when I got some time with Hasbro to ask some questions about toys and the brand I could think of no one better than Jimmy to ask the questions.
You should also know that right before the camera got turned on I told Jimmy about 20 questions I wanted him to ask…not thinking that perhaps writing them down might’ve been a better idea. So you can watch as he tried to work in my questions and at the same time try to infuse the interview with some of his enthusiasm for Star Wars. Of course during the interview I ask a few questions from behind the camera.
Here are some of the things we talked about….
- how did you get involved in the brand
- Jimmy asks what Brian’s most proud of… and then I ask what he’s least proud of.
- Jimmy asks about the new Clone Wars cartoon.
- What has been stuck in development hell…the answer… a 3 and ¾ inch Deathstar playset. We geek out over this…
- We ask what’s on his desk at work and he says a Slave 1 with a Boba Fett on the platform and some one off’s….
- I ask who works on the team for making the toys.
- How has technology changed the making of the toys.
- We ask what is the question that every fan always asks at conventions? The answer is what’s up with the Cloud Car?
- The final question is about the new Clone Wars cartoon and what does Brian think of it… no spoilers on the show…just what does he think.