Opening on October 15 is the really fun movie Red. Featuring an all-star cast that’s more impressive than The Expendables, Red stars Bruce Willis, Helen Mirren, John Malkovich, Morgan Freeman, Mary-Louise Parker, Karl Urban, Richard Dreyfuss, Julian McMahon, Brian Cox, and Ernest Borgnine. Based on the graphic novel Red (Retired Extremely Dangerous), the movie is about a group of retired black ops agents that get back together to try and figure out why some former agents are getting killed.
I was recently in NYC for the press junket and I was able to sit down with Helen Mirren. During the interview we talked about whether or not her fans are ready to watch her fire a 50 caliber machine gun (I think they are), are there any challenges working in different movie genres, what was it like with the rest of the cast, and she gave me an update on how Arthur was going with Russell Brand. Hit the jump to see what she had to say and make sure to see Red this weekend:
Finally, you can check out some clips from Red here.
- I ask about working in different genres and are there challenges for her going between them
- Will her fans enjoy seeing her fire a 50 caliber machine gun
- Did she have a lot of friends that wanted to visit her on set due to the all star cast she was working with
- Eddie Izzard talk (nail polish)
- Arthur talk – What will people take away from this new version