Dean Parisot’s (Galaxy Quest) action-comedy sequel Red 2 opens this weekend. The follow-up pits ex-CIA operative Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) against Victoria (Helen Mirren) when MI6 greenlights his assassination as Interpol’s “Most Wanted.” All the while, Moses and his team must work to track down a missing nuclear device. For more on the film, watch these six clips and the trailer. Red 2 also stars John Malkovich, Mary-Louise Parker, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Byung Hun Lee, and Anthony Hopkins.
At the recent New York City press junket, I landed an exclusive video interview with Helen Mirren. She talked about filming the action scenes, the way she prepares for a role, what she collects, future projects, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- Talks about her desire to see the movie with an audience
- Talks about filming an action scene where she needed help getting in and out of the car
- What does she collect or get really excited about. Talks about plants and how she had a couple of plants named after her in Britain
- Talks about the way she prepares for a role and the most she’s ever done
- What is she doing next. Says that after spending some time with her husband, she hopes to do another project in September.