Peter Jackson has released a new clip from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on his Facebook page. The clip is from the best scene in the film, which is the game of riddles between Bilbo (Martin Freeman) and Gollum (Andy Serkis). It’s a scene that makes you wish Gollum were in all three movies, and in a movie filled with gigantic set pieces and a huge cast, it’s the most intimate, funny, and sad part of the movie. I even forgot how bad the HFR 3D was when I was watching this scene, and this clip shows off the scene’s beginning as Gollum meets Bilbo and Bilbo learns about Gollum’s schizophrenia.
Hit the jump to check out the clip. The film also stars Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Hugo Weaving, and Cate Blanchett. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey opens December 14th.
Click here to check out the clip. We’ll update this story with an embed as soon as its available.
Here’s all our recent coverage of The Hobbit:
- Richard Armitage Talks THE HOBBIT, Transforming into the Dwarf Leader, Thorin, and Filming Additional Footage for the Sequels
- First image from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
- Dave’s review of the film.
- 6 clips from the film.
- 20-minutes of behind-the-scenes footage.
- First Image from The Hobbit: There and Back Again Features Orlando Bloom and Luke Evans
- Steve’s set visit round-up and 70 things to know.
- Peter Jackson on-set interview.
- Ian McKellan on-set interview.
- Martin Freeman on-set interview.
- Richard Armitage on-set interview.
- Weta Workshop head Richard Taylor on-set interview.