With director Steve Pink’s Hot Tub Time Machine 2 now playing in theaters, a few days ago I sat down with Craig Robinson, Rob Corddry, Adam Scott and Clark Duke to talk about the film. As most of you know from the trailers, the follow-up finds Nick (Robinson), Lou (Corddry), and Jacob (Duke) continuing to use the time-traveling hot tub for their own personal gain in an altered present. But after an incident with the machine, the trio accidentally travel ten years into the future where they must track down the person responsible for attempting to assassinate Lou.
During the interview they talked about if the cast partied off-set since they were filming in New Orleans, who ruined the most takes from laughing, working with director Steve Pink, how the first movie didn’t have an ending when they started production, the songs Robinson sings in the sequel, “the Webber strut,” and so much more. In addition, towards the end of the interview, you can watch Corddry do some fantastic imitations of Clark Duke and Dracula.
Here’s the interview followed by what we talked about.
Craig Robinson, Rob Corddry, Adam Scott and Clark Duke:
- Was this really just a great paid vacation?
- How quickly did the sequel come together?
- How did they work with Steve Pink and the script?
- How the first movie didn’t have an ending when they were filming.
- Robinson talks about the songs his character sings and the Webber strut.
- Did the new cast members have to have been part of an NBC show?
- Disney XD Blow job talk.
- What was it like filming in New Orleans and how much did they party offset?
- Rob Corddry does his amazing Australian accent. He also impersonates Clark Duke and Dracula.
- Who ruined the most takes?