Opening this weekend is director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. As most of you know, Days of Future Past finds Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) having his consciousness sent back to 1973 in order to help Professor X (James McAvoy), Magneto (Michael Fassbender), and the rest of the X-Men: First Class crew stop the rise of the Sentinels, giant robots programmed to exterminate mutants. The film also takes place in the future, so we’re going to see the original X-Men cast and what will happen if Wolverine fails. I caught a screening last week and am very happy to report the film is great. It’s loaded with awesome character moments and tons of mutant action. You’re all going to love it. For more on the film, watch these five clips and nine minutes of behind-the-scenes footage, and click here for all of our coverage.
At the New York City press day, I landed a great video interview with Hugh Jackman. He talked about the challenge of putting the two casts in the same film, how he’d like to shoot X-Men: Apocalypse and the next Wolverine movie back to back, his thoughts on another actor taking on the role when he retires or having Fox reboot the character, how he still enjoys playing Logan, Joe Wright’s Pan, and a lot more. Hit the jump to watch.
- How people doing interviews won’t say if it’s not good on camera.
- Talks about the challenge of making two casts work together in the same film.
- How he shot X-Men: Days of Future Past very close to The Wolverine.
- Would he want to shoot X-Men: Apocalypse and the next Wolverine solo movie back to back?
- Is he interested in an actor replacing him as Wolverine or rebooting the character?
- Talks about working on Pan with Joe Wright.
- How he’s enjoying playing Wolverine more than ever.