Agent Smith in The Matrix. Elrond in Lord of the Rings. V in V for Vendetta. And the voice of Megatron in the Transformers movies.
To say I’m a huge fan of Hugo Weaving would be a gigantic understatement. Since I first saw The Matrix and heard him say “Mr. Anderson”, I’ve thought Hugo Weaving needs to be in more movies. Thankfully, directors like Peter Jackson (Lord of the Rings) and Joe Johnston (The Wolfman) noticed his work and since The Matrix, Weaving has made both small indies and big budget blockbusters.
And speaking of big budget blockbusters, with Universal’s The Wolfman in theaters this weekend, I was able to speak with this great actor as a reporter for our partners at Omelete. Weaving plays a Scotland Yard inspector investigating the murders.
While you never know how an interview will turn out, I’m extremely happy to say this was a great one. Not only did we talk about Wolfman, he gave me some very interesting info on why The Hobbit should be a lot different than Lord of the Rings. If you’re a fan of this great actor, it’s an interview not to be missed:
Finally, here’s some movie clips from The Wolfman, and look for video interviews with Rick Baker and Emily Blunt tomorrow. As always, I’ve listed what we talked about above the interview.
- We started off by talking about Sundance and his friends movie Animal Kingdom
- After mentioning how much of a fan I am…I ask how many people have asked him to record answering machine messages. He gives me an unexpected response
- We talk about his voice
- Did he pursue The Wolfman role or did it pursue you
- What was it like to work with Sir Anthony Hopkins and Benicio Del Toro
- The Hobbit talk – He makes some very astute observations about what The Hobbit might do differently than what LOTR did
- and the camera stayed on after we both thought we wrapped….