Continuing our coverage of the films that will be featured at the Sundance Film Festival in January, today we bring you images from two dramatic films that will premiere out-of-competition at the festival: I Melt With You and Perfect Sense. I Melt With You stars Rob Lowe, Thomas Jane, Jeremy Piven, Carla Gugino and Christian McKay. Directed by Mark Pellington (The Mothman Prophecies), the film focuses on four lifelong friends who, during their annual get-together, realize that their lives haven’t exactly turned out the way they expected.
Perfect Sense stars Ewan McGregor, Eva Green, Ewan Bremner, Stephen Dillane, and Connie Nielsen. From director David Mackenzie (Young Adam), the film is described as a “poetic and magnetic love story.” Hit the jump to check out the images, as well as a brief synopsis for both films. The 2011 Sundance Film Festival runs from January 20 – 30th.
I MELT WITH YOU
(Director: Mark Pellington; Screenwriter: Glenn Porter, based on the story by Glenn Porter and Mark Pellington) – Four friends gather every year to celebrate their friendship. This year they are unexpectedly forced to confront a forgotten promise they made 25 years earlier. As they examine choices they’ve made, they realize that what they said they would do with their lives and what they have done are entirely different. Cast: Thomas Jane, Jeremy Piven, Rob Lowe, Christian McKay, Carla Gugino.
(Director: David Mackenzie; Screenwriter: Kim Fupz Aakeson) – A poetic and magnetic love story about two people who start to fall in love just as the world begins to fall apart. Cast: Ewan McGregor, Eva Green, Ewen Bremner, Stephen Dillane, Denis Lawson and Connie Nielsen.
And here are links to the first images from other films playing at Sundance:
- Another Earth (starring William Mapother, Brit Marling, and Jordan Baker)
- Benavides Born (starring Corina Calderon, Jeremy Ray Valdez, and Joseph Julian Soria)
- Cedar Rapids (starring John C. Reilly, Ed Helms, and Sigourney Weaver)
- Circumstance (starring Nikohl Boosheri, Sarah Kazemy, and Reza Sixo Safai)
- The Convincer (starring Greg Kinnear, Billy Crudup, and Alan Arkin)
- The Details (starring Tobey Maguire, Elizabeth Banks, and Laura Linney)
- The Devil’s Double (starring Dominic Cooper, Ludivine Sagnier, and Mimoun Oaissa)
- HERE (starring Ben Foster, Lubna Azabal and Narek Nersisyan)
- Higher Ground (starring Vera Farmiga, John Hawkes, and Dagmara Dominczyk)
- Homework (starring Freddie Highmore, Emma Roberts, and Michael Angarano)
- I Melt With You (starring Rob Lowe, Thomas Jane, and Jeremy Piven)
- The Ledge (starring Charlie Hunnam, Liv Tyler, Patrick Wilson, Terrence Howard, Christopher Gorham)
- Life in a Day (directed by Kevin Macdonald, produced by Ridley Scott)
- Like Crazy (starring Anton Yelchin, Felicity Jones, Jennifer Lawrence, Charlie Bewley, Alex Kingston)
- Little Birds (starring Juno Temple, Kay Panabaker, Leslie Mann, Kate Bosworth, and Kyle Gallner)
- Margin Call (starring Kevin Spacey, Zachary Quinto, and Paul Bettany)
- Martha Marcy May Marlene (starring Elizabeth Olsen, Hugh Dancy, and John Hawkes)
- The Music Never Stopped (starring J.K. Simmons, Julia Ormond, and Cara Seymour)
- My Idiot Brother (starring Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks, and Zooey Deschanel)
- On The Ice (starring Josiah Patkotak, Frank Qutuq Irelan, Teddy Kyle Smith, Adamina Kerr, and Sierra Jade Sampson)
- Pariah (starring Adepero Oduye, Pernell Walker and Kim Wayans)
- Perfect Sense (starring Ewan McGregor, Eva Green, and Ewen Bremner)
- Red State (directed by Kevin Smith; Starring Michael Parks, John Goodman, and Melissa Leo)
- Salvation Boulevard (starring Pierce Brosnan, Jennifer Connelly, and Ed Harris)
- The Son of No One (starring Channing Tatum, Al Pacino, and Juliette Binoche)
- Terri (starring Jacob Wysocki, John C. Reilly, and Creed Bratton)
- Win Win (starring Paul Giamatti, Amy Ryan, and Jeffrey Tambor)