With Neveldine/Taylor’s Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance opening next weekend, the other day I interviewed a lot of the cast in New York City. In the sequel, Johnny Blaze (Cage) is hiding out in Eastern Europe when a motor-cycle riding warrior monk (Idris Elba) recruits him to save a young boy (Fergus Riordan) from the Devil (Ciaran Hinds). The film also stars Violante Placido, Anthony Head, Christopher Lambert and Johnny Whitworth. For more on Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeace, here’s my Romania set visit, on set interviews, new images, five movie clips, and 12 minutes of behind the scenes footage from when the production was filming in Europe.
During my interview with Elba we talked about working with Cage, the stunts, filming in Romania, working with Neveldine/Taylor and what they brought to the film, and whether people want to talk about The Wire, Thor or Luther. In addition, with Elba currently filming Guillermo del Toro‘s Pacific Rim, he talked about how that shoot has been going and I also asked his favorite movie, actor and director. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, if you missed my interview with Nic Cage, click here.
- What’s his favorite movie, actor and director
- If he’s waiting in line at Starbucks, do more people want to talk about The Wire, Thor or Luther
- How did he get involved in Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengeance and how much fun did he have filming in Bucharest
- Was there one stunt that was particularly hard on him
- How many takes does he like to do
- What’s the most takes he’s ever done. Says 19 on Pacific Rim
- How’s Pacific Rim been going
- Talks about working with Neveldine/Taylor and what they brought to the film
- What was it like working opposite Nic Cage