With director David Leitch’s Hobbs & Shaw now playing in theaters around the world and IMAX, a few days ago I got to talk to Idris Elba about the movie. Since he’s done plenty of talking about the action scenes and why he wanted to be part of the Fast & Furious spinoff, I had one goal when I sat down with him: to have fun.
To make that happen, I decided to ask a number of questions pitting Hobbs against Shaw: Who ruined the most takes, who has more hair, who is a better wingman, and more. After a few Hobbs vs. Shaw questions, it was time to debate who would win in a fight if Hobbs and Shaw took on some other action icons like Jason Bourne, John McClane, Rocky Balboa, Bruce Lee, Ellen Ripley, and a few others.
As you’ve seen in the trailers, in the spinoff, Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) must team up with Shaw (Jason Statham) to stop Brixton (Idris Elba), a superhuman anarchist bent on releasing a biothreat on the world. Hobbs & Shaw also stars Vanessa Kirby as Shaw’s sister, Helen Mirren as Shaw’s mother, Eiza Gonzalex, Eddie Marsan, and Cliff Curtis. The film is produced by Chris Morgan, Johnson, Statham and Hiram Garcia. The executive producers are Kelly McCormick, Dany Garcia, Steven Chasman, Ethan Smith and Ainsley Davies.
Check out what he had to say in the player above and below is exactly what I asked followed by the official synopsis.
Finally, if you missed the Hobbs & Shaw cast playing Hobbs vs. Shaw, you can watch the big supercut by clicking here.
- Who ruined the most takes Hobbs or Shaw?
- Who is most likely to get it on the first take?
- Who is a better wingman?
- Who is faster at leaving their trailer?
- Who has more hair?
- Who wins in a fight Hobbs and Shaw or Jason Bourne?
- Hobbs and Shaw, Brixton or Rocky?
- Hobbs and Shaw, Brixton or John McClane?
- Hobbs and Shaw, Brixton or Bruce Lee?
- Hobbs and Shaw, Brixton or Sigourney Weaver as Ripley in Aliens?
- What day of filming really kicked his ass?
- What’s his favorite over the top moment in Hobbs & Shaw?