Opening this weekend is director Scott Waugh’s Need for Speed. For those unfamiliar with the film, it chronicles a cross-country race against time as a blue-collar mechanic (Aaron Paul) who was framed for manslaughter by a wealthy, arrogant ex-NASCAR driver (Dominic Cooper) sets out for revenge in a high-stakes underground racing tournament. Need for Speed also stars Imogen Poots, Michael Keaton, Dakota Johnson and Kid Cudi. For more on the film, here’s all our previous coverage.
At the Los Angeles press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Imogen Poots. She talked about the abundance of car porn in the film, filming the practical stunts, what city she’d love to go back to (they filmed around the United States), Peter Bogdanovich’s Squirrel to the Nuts, what it was like working for Terrence Malick, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
- The amazing car behind her.
- The abundance of car porn in the film. Was there one car or one sequence that really impressed her?
- Were there any stunts she wasn’t allowed to do?
- Where did they film that she would love to go back to?
- Did any friends want to visit her on set?
- Talks about Squirrel to the Nuts and working for Terrence Malick on one of his upcoming projects.