Warner Home Video has announced that Christopher Nolan’s Inception will be getting released on Blu-ray and DVD on December 7. While a holiday release is no surprise, the big question mark was what kind of extras would be included? For those hoping for deleted scenes…you’re out of luck. However, if you’re interested in learning about dreams, watching trailers/TV spots, and checking out concept and promotional artwork, you’ll be happy. After looking over the special features, this edition screams first release.
The best extras are the 4 focal points and they consist of:
- The Inception of Inception – Christopher Nolan shapes his unusual concepts for “Inception”
- The Japanese Castle: The Dream is Collapsing – Creating and destroying the castle set
- Constructing Paradoxical Architecture – Designing the staircase to nowhere
- The Freight Train – Constructing the street-faring freight train
Hit the jump for the cover art and the full press release:
Burbank, CA, October 13, 2010 – From the acclaimed filmmaker of “The Dark Knight” and “Batman Begins” comes the heart-pounding thrill ride “Inception,” exploding onto Blu-ray and DVD this December 7th from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG). Featuring an all-star international cast this original mind-bending blockbuster travels the globe exploring the secret and infinite world of dreams. The Blu-ray disc’s exciting special features include a unique in-movie experience with Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and the rest of the cast as they delve into the intricacies of the film, a never-before-seen documentary conceived by Nolan on dream research, and much more.
Written and directed by Oscar® nominee, Christopher Nolan (“Memento,” “The Dark Knight”), “Inception” stars three-time Academy Award® nominee Leonardo DiCaprio (“Blood Diamond,” “The Aviator”), Academy Award® nominee Ken Watanabe (“The Last Samurai”), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (“500 Days of Summer”), Oscar® winner Marion Cotillard (“La Vie en Rose”), Academy Award® nominee Ellen Page (“Juno”), Tom Hardy (“RocknRolla,” “Bronson”), Cillian Murphy (“Batman Begins”), Academy Award® nominee Tom Berenger (“Platoon”), Dileep Rao (“Avatar”), and two-time Oscar® winner Michael Caine (“Hannah and Her Sisters,” “The Cider House Rules”, “The Dark Knight”).
Christopher Nolan’s behind-the-scenes collaborators on “Inception” included three-time Oscar®-nominated director of photography Wally Pfister (“The Dark Knight,” “The Prestige,” “Batman Begins”), production designer Guy Hendrix Dyas (“Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull,” “Elizabeth: The Golden Age”), two-time Oscar®-nominated editor Lee Smith (“The Dark Knight,” “Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World”), Oscar®-nominated costume designer Jeffrey Kurland (“Bullets Over Broadway,” “Collateral”), and Oscar®-nominated special effects supervisor Chris Corbould (“The Dark Knight”). The music is by Academy Award®-winning composer Hans Zimmer (“The Dark Knight,” “The Lion King”).
“Inception” will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack, featuring a hi-definition, a standard definition, and a digital copy of the film, for $35.99 and on Single Disc DVD in widescreen format for $28.98 SRP.
On December 7th, “Inception” will also be available ON DEMAND through Digital Cable, Satellite TV, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 game consoles and it can be downloaded for rental or purchase on iTunes and Amazon Video On Demand.
It will also be available to rent via kiosks and subscription on January 1, 2011.
Starting November 15th, consumers can receive exclusive, never-before-seen “Inception” content on their camera enabled mobile devices via “Inception” Snap Tags that will be placed on various “Inception” advertising materials. Consumers only have to snap a photo of the Snap Tag with their camera phones and send the photo via MMS to 95871 (for AT&T, Verizon, and Alltel customers) or as an email to email@example.com to get a reward. Different rewards will be offered on a weekly basis until December 7th when the final reward offered will be tied to the Blu-ray Combo Pack.
Cobb is a skilled thief and coveted player when it comes to extraction: the stealing of valuable secrets from deep within the mind during a subject’s dream state. His skill, though, has turned him into an international fugitive and he is now being offered a chance at redemption. One last job. One last job to give him his life back. But only if he can pull off the impossible – inception — not stealing an idea but planting one. If Cobb and his team succeed, it will be the perfect crime. However, no amount of meticulous planning can prepare the team for the dangerous enemy that seems to predict their every move. An enemy that only Cobb could have seen coming.
Blu-Ray Combo Pack:
– EXTRACTION MODE – Infiltrate the dreamscape of “Inception” – with this in-movie experience – to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and the rest of the cast and crew designed and achieved the movies signature moments.
– DREAMS: CINEMA OF THE SUBCONSCIOUS – Taking some of the most fascinating and cutting-edge dream research to-date on lucid dreaming, top scientists make the case that the dream world is not an altered state of consciousness, but a fully functional parallel reality.
– INCEPTION: THE COBOL JOB – Now in full animation and motion, check out this comic prologue to see how Cobb, Arthur, and Nash came to be enlisted by Cobol Engineering and perform an extraction on Saito.
– 5.1 INCEPTION SOUNDTRACK – Composer Hans Zimmer teams up once again with Director Christopher Nolan to create the soundtrack for “Inception”. Enjoy this feature in full 5.1 surround.
–CONCEPTUAL ART GALLERY
–PROMOTIONAL ART ARCHIVE
–INCEPTION TV SPOTS
–Via BD-Live – PROJECT SOMNACIN: CONFIDENTIAL FILES – Get access to the highly secure files that reveal the inception of the dream-share technology.
4 Focus Points:
–The Inception of Inception – Christopher Nolan shapes his unusual concepts for “Inception”
–The Japanese Castle: The Dream is Collapsing – Creating and destroying the castle set
–Constructing Paradoxical Architecture – Designing the staircase to nowhere
–The Freight Train – Constructing the street-faring freight train
Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99
Single disc Amaray (WS) $28.98
Street Date: December 7, 2010
– DVD AUDIO: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French
– DVD SUBTITLES: ESDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French
– BD AUDIO: English, Latin Spanish, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese
– BD SUBTITLES: ESDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Brazilian Portuguese
Running Time: 148 minutes
Rating: PG-13 (for sequences of violence and action throughout)
DLBY TRUEHD (Blu-ray) DLBY/DGTL (Standard Disc) [CC]