Steve Weintraub recently attended CinemaCon, which is where studios go to promote their upcoming films to movie theaters. This means bringing out the talent to talk about the movies, so we got the chance to talk to Vivica A. Fox and Sela Ward, who were on hand to promote 20th Century Fox’s Independence Day: Resurgence.
During our conversation with the two actresses, they talked about their reaction to seeing the finished footage for the first time, the kind of destruction the audience can look forward to, getting digitally scanned for the film, what this digital scanning means for the future of acting, memorable moments from filming, and what they learned from working with new technology on the film.
Independence Day: Resurgence opens June 24th. Here’s the time index for our conversation with Fox and Ward and here’s the brand new trailer.
- 0:27 – Their reaction to seeing finished footage for the first time.
- 1:06 – The kind of destruction audiences can look forward to.
- 2:07 – What the passage of real time lends to the story.
- 3:35 – Memorable moments from filming.
- 6:30 – What they learned from working with new technology on the film.