One of the many films that premiered at this year’s Sundance Film Festival was director Ry Russo-Young‘s (You Won’t Miss Me) Nobody Walks. Written by Lena Dunham and Russo-Young, the ensemble drama stars John Krasinski, Olivia Thirlby, Rosemarie DeWitt, India Ennenga and Justin Kirk. In the film, “Krasinski plays Peter, a Hollywood sound designer who’s agreed to help Martine (Thirlby) with her experimental art film as a favor to his wife (DeWitt). Martine, a beautiful and driven 23-year-old artist, comes to stay in the family’s pool house at their posh Silver Lake home, and her arrival ignites raw emotions and desires throughout the entire family.” Ennenga plays the daughter. Since premiering, Magnolia picked up the film for domestic distribution, so you’ll be able to see it at some point down the road.
During my interview with Ennenga we talked about being at Sundance, who she plays in the film and what it’s about, and how she got cast. In addition, with Ennenga currently filming Treme season 3, we talked about what we can expect from her character, the music of New Orleans, how much is improvised, and what else she has coming up. Hit the jump to watch.
- :10 What’s her go-to karaoke song?
- :21 Says the last video game she played was Grand Theft Auto.
- :40 Talks about the Sundance experience. Says it’s her first time at the festival.
- 1:20 Describes her character in the film. Says she’s basically a typical L.A. teenage girl.
- 2:17 How’d she become involved with the project? She read the script and really loved it so she really pushed to get onboard.
- 3:09 Talks about working on Treme and what the show has taught her as an actress. Says TV is a continual learning experience.
- 4:08 Season three of Treme. Says her character is a bit darker than in previous seasons and she’s maturing in an interesting way.
- 5:07 The music of Treme. Says this year she’s had far more interaction with the musicians on the show. Talks about the street musician culture of New Orleans.
- 6:40 How much do they stick to the script and how much do they improvise? Says it’s different for each character. The musicians are allowed to ad lib a lot more than characters like herself.
- 7:20 Upcoming projects. Says she’s trying to get a project off the ground with her mom at the moment.