While we already knew that The Weinstein Company would be releasing “Inglourious Basterds” before the end of the year in order to circumvent the expense of sending out screener copies to critics (studios send out screeners at the end of the year for films they think can garner some awards buzz), today the specs have landed online and I’m impressed that we’re not getting a bare-bones DVD but a healthy amount of special features.
However, you won’t find any deleted scenes and since the version that hit theaters in August is different than what was screened at Cannes, it would be out of the question to assume we’ll be getting another edition sometime next year. That being said, how long have be waiting for “Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair?” I’m perfectly happy with the current cut of IB (just as I’m happy with both volumes of “Kill Bill”) and if I have to do a double dip, so be it because this DVD/Blu-Ray looks like it gets the job done. Hit the jump for the full specs.
The 1-Disc, 2-Disc, and Blu-Ray versions include:
* Extended & Alternate Scenes
* Nation’s Pride – The film within the film Inglourious Basterds can be seen it its entirety
* Domestic and International Trailers
The 2-Disc and Blu-Ray versions also include:
* Roundtable Discussion with Quentin Tarantino, Brad Pitt and film historian/critic Elvis Mitchell
* The Making of Nation’s Pride
* The Original Inglorious Bastards – a salute to the original 1978 film
* A Conversation with veteran actor Rod Taylor
* Rod Taylor on Victoria Bitters, the Australian beer
* Quentin Tarantino’s Camera Angel
* Hi Sallys – Gag Reel
* Film Poster Gallery Tour with Elvis Mitchell
* Inglourious Basterds Poster Gallery
* Digital Copy of Inglourious Basterds
The Blu-Ray edition also has “BD-Live”.