Have you had your fill of Interstellar goodness yet today? Of course not. After you’ve watched the final trailer and found out where you can see the film two days early in 70mm IMAX or 35mm, check out this short new Interstellar featurette in which director Christopher Nolan and theoretical physicist Kip Thorne talk about bringing a scientific approach to the intergalactic travel seen in the film. Years ago when Interstellar was first being developed, it was based on Thorne’s theories of black holes. It appears that Nolan kept Thorne very much in the loop when he took over the film, and as seen in this new featurette, the two worked together to develop the visual representation of Thorne’s work.
Watch the Interstellar featurette after the jump. The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, Michael Caine, David Oyelowo, Wes Bently, John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, Topher Grace, David Gyasi, Mackenzie Foy, Bill Irwin, Timothee Chalamet, and Matt Damon. Interstellar opens on film in 70mm IMAX and 35mm on November 5th and everywhere else on November 7th.
Here’s the official synopsis for Interstellar:
With our time on Earth coming to an end, a team of explorers undertakes the most important mission in human history; traveling beyond this galaxy to discover whether mankind has a future among the stars.
Click here to catch up on all of our Interstellar coverage, or peruse the recent links below:
- Find Out Where You Can See INTERSTELLAR in 70mm IMAX and 35mm
- New INTERSTELLAR Trailer Says Goodbye to Our Solar System
- 4 New INTERSTELLAR TV Spots Released; Nolan Cities THE RIGHT STUFF, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, and 2001 as Influences
- Check out Six More INTERSTELLAR Images; Film Will Be Christopher Nolan’s Longest Yet
- Six New INTERSTELLAR Images Featuring Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway and Christopher Nolan