Every Christopher Nolan film nowadays comes with high expectations, but the anticipation for Nolan’s sci-fi epic Interstellar is, shall we say, outta this world (I’m so sorry). Interest is at a fever pitch for the film, which promises astonishing visuals, scientifically grounded inter-dimensional travel, and strong performances from Matthew McConaughey, Jessica Chastain, etc. As with all Christopher Nolan films, though, Interstellar has been shrouded in secrecy, so refreshingly we still know very little about the kind of movie we’ll be seeing. However, the film is now fully complete and private screenings have started to take place.
While there’s no doubt some kind of embargo placed on Interstellar reactions for the time being (critics see it very soon), two highly talented and trusted filmmakers have weighed in with their thoughts: Brad Bird and Edgar Wright. See what they had to say about the film after the jump.
Bird and Wright both took to Twitter to share their reactions to Interstellar, and they are very positive. A few other reactions popped up on Twitter from general moviegoers who somehow caught an early look at the movie and they were positive as well (as expected, there’s a bit of hyperbole), but it’s nice to hear such high praise from two people we can trust. Boy, I can’t wait to see this one.
Dazzled by the ambition & intelligence of Chris Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR. Terrific performances, haunting imagery, WOW. See it in 70MM IMAX.
— Brad Bird (@BradBirdA113) October 21, 2014
Am I allowed to say that ‘Interstellar’ is incredible yet?
— edgarwright (@edgarwright) October 13, 2014
Interstellar will open in theaters on 70mm IMAX and 35mm on November 5th, and it opens everywhere else on November 7th. Peruse our recent coverage below:
- Head to Space with Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway in 7 New INTERSTELLAR Images
- Christopher Nolan Compares the INTERSTELLAR Experience to the BATMAN Movies, 2001, and TREASURE OF THE SIERRE MADRE
- Christopher Nolan and Kip Thorne Discuss the Rules of INTERSTELLAR in New Featurette
- Find Out Where You Can See INTERSTELLAR in 70mm IMAX and 35mm
- New INTERSTELLAR Trailer Says Goodbye to Our Solar System
- 4 New INTERSTELLAR TV Spots Released; Nolan Cities THE RIGHT STUFF, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS, and 2001 as Influences
- Check out Six More INTERSTELLAR Images; Film Will Be Christopher Nolan’s Longest Yet