Marvel’s release of Shane Black’s Iron Man 3 is not only hotly anticipated here in the States, but all around the world. If you live in China, you’ll also be treated to a Chinese version of the film at a future undetermined date that features a special appearance by Fan Bingbing in addition to bonus features specifically tailored to Chinese audiences. Both versions of the film will star renowned Chinese actor Wang Xueqi as well as footage filmed in Beijing last December. If you don’t happen to live in China, not to worry; the bonus scenes will likely appear on the Blu-ray and DVD release of Iron Man 3 in the future, though this particular report doesn’t address that quite yet.
Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Don Cheadle, Guy Pearce, Rebecca Hall, Stephanie Szostak, James Badge Dale, Jon Favreau and Ben Kingsley, Iron Man 3 opens May 3. Hit the jump for the full press release.
Marvel Studios and DMG announced that a Chinese version of IRON MAN 3 will be released in China on a date to be announced in the near future. DMG, a Chinese media and entertainment company, collaborated with Marvel Studios on the Chinese elements in the film, and is marketing and distributing the film in China. While Marvel and DMG have decided not to apply for co-production status in China, the film includes significant Chinese elements. Renowned Chinese actor Wang Xueqi will appear in both the studio’s Chinese version of the film and in its international and domestic US version. Both versions of the film include Iron Man 3 footage filmed in Beijing in December. The Chinese version of the film will also feature a special appearance of China’s top actress, Fan Bingbing, and will offer specially prepared bonus footage made exclusively for the Chinese audience. Marvel Studios’ experience working on this film with Fan Bingbing and Wang Xueqi and in shooting in China has been very positive and has created a springboard for future collaboration with China’s talented stars and its growing film and television industry. The IRON MAN cast and filmmakers look forward to bringing IRON MAN back to China.
Marvel’s Iron Man 3 pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?
Click here for all our Iron Man 3 coverage or browse recent coverage below:
- New IRON MAN 3 Armor Images Provide First Look at Sub Orbital “Gemini” and Disaster Rescue “Red Snapper” Suits
- Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One – Avengers Assembled 10-Disc Blu-ray Box Set Images; Includes Captain America Trading Cards & Note from Tony Stark
- IRON MAN 3 Armors Mark XVII Heartbreaker and Mark XXXVIII Igor/”Hulkbuster” Revealed
- See “Silver Centurion” and “Shotgun” Armor from IRON MAN 3
- New International TV Spot for IRON MAN 3 Starring Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow
- IRON MAN 3 TV Spot Shows Tony Stark Suiting Up
- IMAX Poster for IRON MAN 3 Starring Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, and Ben Kingsley
- Kevin Feige Talks IRON MAN 3’s Surprising Love Triangle, Pepper Potts’ Role in the Story, and More
- Over 60 High-Resolution Images from the New IRON MAN 3 Trailer
- Shane Black Explains How He Adapted Warren Ellis’ “Extremis” Storyline; New Poster Released
- International IRON MAN 3 Trailer Reveals New Footage
- Marvel Shows Us 15 Minutes of IRON MAN 3; Watch a Spoiler Free Video Blog Recap
- Robert Downey Jr. Talks IRON MAN 3, Renewing His Marvel Contract, Working with Shane Black, Jon Favreau’s Integral Role in the Film, and More