Last week, Marvel released an Iron Man 3 character poster featuring Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot. Today, we’ve got one for Guy Pearce as geneticist Aldrich Killian. For those who don’t know, Iron Man 3 is loosely based on the Iron Man comic book arc “Extremis”. In “Extremis”, Killian co-developed the Extremis nano-virus with Maya Hansen (played in the movie by Rebecca Hall), but he’ll probably have a much larger role in the movie than he does in the book.
Hit the jump to check out the poster. I’m sure we can expect more character posters in the days and weeks ahead. The film also stars Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow, Jon Favreau, James Badge Dale, and Ben Kingsley. Iron Man 3 opens in 3D on May 3, 2013.
Click here for all our Iron Man 3 coverage or browse recent coverage below:
- First Trailer for IRON MAN 3
- Geek Gifts: Hot Toys IRON MAN 3 Mark XLII Figure
- Rumor: Has IRON MAN 3’s Connection to Another Upcoming Marvel Movie Been Revealed?
- Robert Downey Jr. Talks IRON MAN 3, a Cool Action Sequence, Rhodey’s Part in the Film, and More
- Tony Stark Is Battle-Worn in New Images from IRON MAN 3
- Producer Kevin Feige Talks IRON MAN 3, How It Relates to THE AVENGERS, The Mandarin, Iron Patriot, and More
Here’s the official synopsis for Iron Man 3:
Marvel’s “Iron Man 3″ pits brash-but-brilliant industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man against an enemy whose reach knows no bounds. When Stark finds his personal world destroyed at his enemy’s hands, he embarks on a harrowing quest to find those responsible. This journey, at every turn, will test his mettle. With his back against the wall, Stark is left to survive by his own devices, relying on his ingenuity and instincts to protect those closest to him. As he fights his way back, Stark discovers the answer to the question that has secretly haunted him: does the man make the suit or does the suit make the man?